Friday, October 1, 2010

De-Binkification

De-Binkification: [noun]  The process of weaning your toddler from her binky [a.k.a. pacifier]



i
Halloween Preview

Night #1  I've been reading up on the best way to de-binkify.  I was prepared for an all-nighter because she always asks for it when she's tired, but it was a piece of cake.  After a nice bath and her evening routine, I put her in her crib with just curious george and her favorite blanket, and not a binky.  She was mad and cried for 2 minutes, at which point I came and got her.  She fell asleep peacefully in my arms in the rocking chair, but woke up when I set her in her bed.  She cried for 10 seconds in her bed and went to sleep.  What an amazing little girl.

Celeste misses all of the cousins she's been around the last few weeks.  In addition to saying their names frequently, she woke up at 3am saying, "Mama! Mama!"  I went to see what she needed and she said, "Kids gone."

I gave Scott some banana bread on a plate, and Celeste thought it was hot.  She exclaimed, "Don't touch it!"

Night #2 Went to bed happily without rocking, after a late-night snack with Daddy after he got home from the priesthood session of conference. 

Nap Day #2 Asked for binky, got redirected to george, complained for a few seconds, then went to sleep.

Night #3 Needed rocking

Nap Day #3 C. boycotted napping

Night #4 - 8 Still having a rough time with going to bed.  Cries and falls asleep eventually.



I was starting a load of laundry and went to get clothes from the other room.  I came back and found my good little helper loading the washing machine.  So sweet!

Celeste is sitting next to me as I write this and is saying:  "Crayon, crayon, crayon."

Alphabet Dancers video C. and Jackson:

2 comments:

Katrina said...

You are an inspiration to all of us binky, or minky I should say, using mothers. I think Celeste says some profound things for not even being 2 yet. They are all quote worthy: "be good" "me home" and "kids gone".

At Jackson's 2 year check up, they asked if he is speaking in two word sentences. I was puzzled by the question because he doesn't even say any verbs. I see what they were looking for now: "kids gone". He doesn't do that yet, but he can catch a ball!

Unknown said...

Yay! you did it. Good job, mom!