Sunday, August 1, 2010

Campground Security

Scott, Celeste, and I were campground security for 1 night at the Darby church camp. They had some vandalism a while ago, so they don't leave it unattended. We got to stay in beds in one of the 8 cabins, which was nice because it rained all night. We all enjoyed the big slide, wildflowers, butterflies and creek. I only saw one mosquito. Thank you Katrina for telling us where the fossils were. C. found a beautiful brachiopod. She didn't know she had found it, she was just bringing me rocks. We had to keep our food in a special storage building because of all the bears. We roasted hot dogs on a camp fire. Celeste thought it was one big slumber party without the slumber part.


Famous big slide at Darby. Celeste has her arms in the air like you'd have on a roller coaster. Scott had the right kind of pants that make you go down faster.


Making a pbj snack in front of our cabin.


I love those cheeks!


Tired girls relaxing by the creek.


This bear got into the food storage building.

Here are some more of the words Celeste uses:
  • Strawberry
  • Alvocado
  • doughnut
  • Candy
  • Chocolate
  • Okay
  • Shoe
  • Duck
  • Emu
  • Yak
  • Ribbit
  • Zebra
  • Lion
  • Dog
  • Fruit
  • Your welcome
  • boat
  • people
  • swing
  • Oh, wow!
  • Sorry
  • temple
  • sharp
  • cup
  • Nemo
  • Elmo
  • 1, 2, 3, go!
  • Who is that?
  • What is that?
  • Here you go.
  • Holy cow!
  • Drink
  • Eat
  • cinco
  • Book me (read to me.)
  • hi
  • hello
  • bye
  • night, night
  • cool
  • hot
  • baby
  • beebee (binky)
  • more
  • boat
  • walk
  • help
  • yar (pirate word)
  • stop
  • wait
  • yo-ee-oo (word she made up that means I want something, please get it for me.)
  • Oh, no!
  • yeah
Additional words I forgot to add:
  • geese
  • fly
  • dirty
  • help
  • well...
  • farm
  • zoo
  • I love you.
Celeste can look at photos of people and point to certain ones and say their names. They are:
  • Daddy
  • Lana
  • Amy
  • Mommy

Garden Video:



Camp Video:

2 comments:

Scott said...

Formal paranting disclosure "Most people would not recognize many of the words she says but given the context and the exposure we can guess with a fair degree of accuracy what she is saying"

Katrina said...

I love your video, especially the part where you film yourself going down the slide. Reminds me of how fast that thing is. I really like the expression "book me".