Celeste was feeding her cabbage patch kid dinner at the table. She held a green bean up to the doll's mouth, then she'd eat it herself. After several beans were given to the doll and then eaten, she said to the doll: "Oh, nooo! It's too hot, honey."
Celeste was looking at a picture book about frogs. It is full of colorful photos. A section of the book is on preditors, and shows a racoon catching a frog. I usually say, look at the cute racoon. But this time she was reading the book to me. When we got to this page she pointed to the frog and said. "Oh, no! He's in trouble!" Maybe daddy reads this book differently.
For the most part I don't understand what she says. It will be a year or two before she has full control of her lips and tongue, but here are a few of the things she says all the time:
Hi
Hello
Bye
Mama
Daddy
Mo [more]
Eat [I'm hungry or thirsty.]
Tuh [I’m stuck, please help me down / This container is stuck, please open it.]
Weeeee [I want to go to the park.]
Baby
BeeBee [binky]
Oh, Wow! [I see something really interesting!]
Hot [Something is hot/warm.]
Outside
Goh [goat]
Boh [bear]
Nake [snake]
Yeah
Night, Night. [That animal or person is sleeping.]
Juice
Nana [banana]
Cheese
Eeewwww [I see a picture of a skunk.]
Uh, Oh! [Something was dropped/the movie is over.]
No! [I want it. / I don't want it.]
Oh, no!
Amen
Ball
Boon [balloon]
Moo [moon]
Celeste's Sign language:
Thank you.
Eat
More
Hot
Airplane
Bird
Movie (impersonates cookie monster)
Celeste's Animal sounds:
Nay - Horse
Mooo - Cow
Bah - Sheep
Eee, Eeee – Eagle
Whistling - Song Bird
Spitting - Camel
Sssss - Snake
Arff arff (loudly)-Dog
Noooo – [meow] Cat
Oooh oooh ooh - Monkey
Awwwoooooh! - Wolf
Snorting - Pig
AhhhEeehahh – (uses arm as trunk) Elephant
Hoo hoo - Owl
Other sounds:
Beep beep [car horn]
Hooowoooh [Train]
Mmmm Mmmmm [Noise made when playing with her toy cars]
Songs she does some of the actions and some singing for:
Wheels on the bus
Old McDonald had farm
5 little monkeys jumping on bed
Popcorn popping
My hands
ABC song
1 comment:
Alan, Ellie, and I had a good laugh reading about her cute phrases! Give her huge hugs from us!
Post a Comment