Friday, June 25, 2010

Soaking our tired bones at Challis Hot Springs

Coincidence at the Park, or Celeste has boring parents:

Preface: Recently Celeste has learned to make fake snoring noises. We have fun saying "night, night," and then doing the fake snore breathing as we pretend to be asleep.

Celeste and I were swinging on the swings at the park. I had her on my lap. She loves swinging so we were there enjoying the shade for a long time. I started to tell her that when she grows up she can be anything she wants to be, and if she gets an education she might have a job that is really fun. I started mentioning various jobs. Then she let out a great big sigh.

A few minutes later I started telling her how much I loved her and that she is the cutest, smartest, prettiest, stongest, best little girl in the whole world, etc. While I was saying it Celeste started doing her fake snore.
We had a fun little break driving up to Challis. Celeste was happy about her swimwear and voluntarily got in the water.
Celeste got to wear a snazzy floaty suit over her regular suit.
Do I look like a banana?

We stopped to look at the 1983 earthquake scar and didn't stay long because of the furocious mosquitos.

You need shoes to go exploring. We stopped near trout haven where my grandparents fished a lot on the Big Lost river.

Look what I found.

Let's see if I can find some more. My family in AZ made this shirt for me.


Look out, I'm gonna throw it.

Still snow at 9,000 feet. Mt Borah, almost 13,000ft is nearby.

Re-hydrating at a yummy cafe in Challis.
Video:


This is truly amazing considering that every time I take C. to a pool she is scared and stays out of the water. Also the pool attendant said that getting in and out of the water is exactly how toddlers learn to swim. She got in and out at least 50 times. She was figuring out how the water feels.


1 comment:

Katrina said...

That's the best video ever. I like her splashing her feet and I like her pigtails. Way to go celeste!