Sunday, June 5, 2011

Free Fishing Day

On Saturday we went to a very fun picnic in the mountains with most of my siblings there, except for the one that had her baby that morning.  (My niece Annie is a cutie.) I have so many pictures from the picnic I couldn't narrow it down for the blog.
Annie Elizabeth

Saturday was also FREE FISHING DAY!  Celeste will tell you what we did in her own words:

Celeste:  "I went fishing with daddy.  Daddy caught a fish and I was scared.  It was a mean fish.  I sat on Grandma's lap.  I went in the water with mommy and she was scared.  I caught a fish and he was moving and a fish got me.  A fish got me."
Bethany:  "Did you see any other animals while we were driving?
Celeste:  "Yeah.  I saw a fish.  He sprayed water at my knee and I was all dry, and I went with grandma, and the fish say bye, bye to Celeste, and he went back in the water."
Bethany:  "I'm writing this down so we can know the whole story."
Celeste (looking at my notes):  "You got it!  Good job."

Enjoying Free Fishing Day at Utah Lake

I had one on my line but he got away.

I learned a new family secret.  Spray your bate with WD-40.  It seemed to work.

Scott showing me what to do.
C. casting, hoping for a big one
Reeling in something
Hold this part here.
White bass that Scott caught with a wolly bugger he tied himself.  Only fish caught.
Enjoying the warm sunshine
Safe in Grandma's arms
Tow-Mater Teeth
Wading in the lake
Wee!

1 comment:

Don and Marsha Crenshaw said...

Looks like you're surfing! Thanks for the fun evening!