Wednesday, October 28, 2009

" 'Est" loves shoes

Celeste has been going around saying "Est", "Est", "Est". I (Bethany) finally figured out that she is trying to say "Celeste".

OK, to be specific she really likes her princes snow boots. This evening I (Scott) was sitting on the couch and Celeste brough me one of her boots. I gave it back. She then tried to release the velcro. I did it for her and gave the boot back. She then gave me the boot back and started lifting her right foot up and down. So I put the boot on her foot. I couln't find the other boot so she had a boot on one foot and the other was bare. She walked around for a little bit lopsided. It was very entertaining to watch. After a little bit she got tired of it so I took it off. We went on a search for her other boot. She started doing the same leg thing so I put them both on her. She walked for a little bit and fell down and couldn't get up. So I took the boots off and she had had enough boots for the day. It is amazing how well she can communicate what it is she wants, and some things are very clear, especially when it is an uncommon gesture like lifting one foot up. I have never seen her do it the way she was doing it this evening.

No comments: